Free School Meals
If you are a parent on a low income or if you are in receipt of any of the benefits mentioned below,
your child may be entitled to Free School Meals amounting to £2.20 per day. This meal can be taken
at break time or lunch time.
Your child might be able to receive free school meals if you are currently in receipt of any of the
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross
income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than
£7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you wish to apply for Free School Meals, we would ask you to use the link below. This will take you
to the Free School Meals application form for Poole residents:
Once you have received notification from that your application has been approved, we would ask
that you let us know so that we can update our database.
If and when your situation and circumstances change and you are no longer in receipt of the
appropriate benefits, it is your responsibility to inform us that your child is no longer eligible to
receive Free School Meals.