Appeal Application form and guidance notes below.
Parents have a right to express a preference for the school they would like their child to attend. The Admissions Authority must offer a place at the school unless there is a legal reason for refusing a place. As a Maintained School, the Governing Body are the Admissions Authority. We appreciate it is disappointing if you are not offered a place the school you prefer, however it is important to recognise that although you have a right to express a preference for the school you would like your child to attend, your preference may not be possible, and you may be allocated a different school for your child. The most common reason for not offering a place is that the school received more applications than places available and other children had a higher priority for a place at the school that your child when the school’s admission policy was applied.
Should it not be possible for the school to offer a place to your child, you may use your right to appeal. If you wish to appeal, you can lodge this on the BCP School Admissions website by clicking on the following link: https://www.bcpcouncil.gov.uk/Schools-and-learning/School-appeals/School-admission-appeals.aspx
Alternatively, you can send a paper copy of your appeal to the school, marked for the attention of Lucy Mitchell, Admissions Officer. However, we strongly advise that you use the webpage above.
- In line with the Covid-19 legislation, all appeals lodged before 30 September 2022 are being heard based on written information only.
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable
- You will receive at least 14 calendar days’ notice of your appeal hearing date
- Appeals are heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not heard during the school holidays
- Where there are multiple appeals for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days
- The school’s case will be made available to parents and Panel members and least 7 calendar days before the start of the appeal hearing
- The Panel will set a deadline for any additional evidence to re received
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within 7 calendar days of the end of the hearing. During busy periods, such as main entry, full decision letters may take longer than this, so the Clerk will send a brief decision summary email in the interim.
Appeal hearings are in-year places will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable, based on written information only.
Appeals Timetable for Secondary School places for Year 7 September 2022
|Offer Letters posted to parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority||1 March 2022|
|Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer||15 March 2022|
|Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal||1 April 2022|
|Appeal Hearing Dates||5 May – 30 June 2022|
08.35 - Students allowed on site
08:45 - 09:10 Tutor Time
09:15 - 10:10 Period 1
10:15 - 11:10 Period 2
11:10 - 11:35 BREAK
11:40 - 12:35 Period 3
12:40 - 13:35 Period 4
13:35 - 14:10 LUNCH
14:15 - 15:15 Period 5
16:30 - Students off site