St Edward’s is a joint-church school, one of only a handful of such schools in the country.
At St Edward’s School, we firmly believe that each and every member of the community is involved in the work of chaplaincy, since everyone is involved in supporting the spiritual, social, moral and cultural development of one another. The work of chaplaincy is driven by key members of staff, our Anglican and Catholic Youth Workers and students.
Our key purposes include:
- to put Christ at the centre of the School’s mission.
- to promote and support the spiritual development of the whole school community.
- to encourage and enable students to be active in promoting the spiritual life of the school.
- to plan for the worship life of the school and evaluate the acts of worship.
- to encourage students to participate in the worship life of the school.
- to reflect on the chaplaincy needs, linking with the pastoral support teams in the school, looking for new and effective ways of working.
- to make and promote links with parishes and youth workers.
08.35 - Students allowed on site
08:45 - 09:10 Tutor Time
09:15 - 10:10 Period 1
10:15 - 11:10 Period 2
11:10 - 11:35 BREAK
11:40 - 12:35 Period 3
12:40 - 13:35 Period 4
13:35 - 14:10 LUNCH
14:15 - 15:15 Period 5
16:30 - Students off site